Lucille Ball was an icon for decades and with our new Lucy collection, you can get her most incredible looks. From 1950’s glam to 1960’s mod maven, here are some wonderful ways to get the Lucy look.
Want the Lucy look the easy way? Get the Lucy Collection!
1950's Glam Look
More than just a wacky redhead, Lucille Ball mixed glamour with comedy throughout her run of I Love Lucy. To celebrate the elegant side of the actress, we created this 1950’s glam look that you can easily recreate for yourself!
How to Get the 1950's Glam Look
- Face! Apply moisturizer, primer, foundation, and concealer.
- Use a healthy amount of Lucy’s Face Powder to set the skin.
- Brows! Fill and shape brows with the color that’s best for you (Brown Cake Mascara works great for redheads, brunette, blondes, pretty much everybody!)
- On to the eyes! Using the Club Babalu palette, apply McGillicuddy Roots to the lid and under the brow bone.
- In the crease, apply a small amount of Bandleader Brown. Using small circular motions, blend towards the center of the eye. At the outer corner, blend down slightly to create a small V shape.
- Also in the crease, apply Ricardo Rose and blend upwards towards the brow bone. Using small circular strokes, blend the shadows to avoid a harsh delineation of color.
- Take a small amount of Lucy’s Lilac and apply under half of your bottom lashes. Start from under the pupil and move towards the outer corner of your eye.
- Use the Chocolate Brown eyeliner pencil and line half of the lower lid (just above where you put Lucy’s Lilac).
- Line the top lid with the same Chocolate Brown eyeliner pencil. Try to keep the line thinner by the inner corner of the eye and slightly thicker (just slightly!) towards the middle of the lid. No need for a wing, just liner for this look!
- For the waterline, use the Bright White eyeliner pencil. It helps to gently pull down the lower lid to fill the waterline with ease.
- Apply Lucy’s Lashes.
- Cheeks! Use Apricot Cream Rouge on the apples of the cheeks.
- Lips! Start with the Warm Red Lip Liner pencil. Line the lips to create the shape, then fill with the pencil.
- Apply Love That Redhead lipstick over the liner. Blot to seal.
- Take a look in the mirror to admire your beautiful look!
Though Lucy is most known for her work in the 1950s, her gorgeousness continued well through the 60s (and 70s and 80s!). We create this look based on Lucy’s adaptation of 1960s style.
How to Get the 1960's Look
- Face! Apply moisturizer, foundation, and concealer to even out skin tone.
- Set the skin with Lucy’s Face Powder.
- Brows! To fill, follow your natural shape and use a color that matches your eyebrows.
- Eyes! Using the Club Babalu Palette, start by applying Babablue to the lid.
- In the crease, apply Bandleader Brown. With small, circular motion blend towards the center of the eye.
- To help transition from Bandleader Brown to Babablue, blend Tropicana Taupe just under the crease. Using small, circular motions, blend until there’s a smooth transition between colors.
- Take Bandleader Brown and apply a small amount under the half bottom lashes to create a drop shadow effect.
- Line the lower lashes with Chocolate Brown eyeliner pencil. Keep the line as thin as possible.
- For the upper lid, also line with Chocolate Brown. This line can be a tad thicker. And don’t worry about a wing, this liner stops right at the outer corner of the eye.
- To brighten the eyes, use Bright White eyeliner pencil all along the waterline.
- To finish the eyes, apply Lucy’s Lashes.
- Cheeks! Use a small amount of Apricot Cream Rouge right below the cheekbone and blend outwards.
- Lips! Use the bullet shape of What A Peach lipstick as lips and liner in one! Use the thin edge to line and shape the lips, then use the blunt edge to fill. Blot once to seal.
- Blow yourself a kiss and admire your gorgeousness!
1960’s Mod Maven
Lucy wasn’t just an actress, she was a creator, producer, and the first female head of a motion picture studio! To celebrate her business savvy in the 60s, we created this mod maven look.
How to Get the Mod Maven Look
- Face! Apply moisturizer, primer, foundation, and concealer to even out skin tone.
- Apply Lucy’s Face Powder to set.
- Brows! Fill brows with a matching color and follow your natural shape.
- Eyes! Using the Club Babalu Palette, apply Babablue to the lid.
- For the crease, apply Salesman Blue. Using small, circular motions blend towards the center of the eye. Then at the outer corner, blend down slightly to create a V shape.
- Bring that Salesman Blue under the outer corner of the lower lashes to create a drop shadow effect.
- Add McGillicuddy Roots to the center of the eyelid to brighten the eye. Blend outward in circular motions.
- For liner, use Black Cake Mascara. Line the lid with a heavy, dark line. This time, we’re making quite the wing. To create the wing, start at the corner of the eye and draw straight up. Then make a little triangle to connect the wing to the eyeliner. Fill the triangle. For more info on the perfect wing, check out our tutorial!
- Apply Black Cake Mascara to the upper and lower lashes.
- To finish the eyes, apply Lucy’s Lashes.
- Cheeks! Apply a small amount of Apricot Cream Rouge to the cheeks and blend outwards.
- Lips! Use the edge of What A Peach Lipstick to line the lips and the blunt edge to fill. For a bolder look, line the lips with the Warm Red Lip Liner and fill with What A Peach. Blot once to set.
- Wave hello to the dazzling person in the mirror!